Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Blogytrim

Well here I am starting a blog so that I can keep accountable and finally achieve my goals for the next year. I do read a lot of blogs and like the fact that they capture periods in peoples lives. They also introduce a level of accountability which means the people I read about are achieving their goals like its nothing.

My goals for the coming year:
  • Lose 25kg whilst following the bodytrim diet modified slightly for my dietary requirements (more on this in a mo.)
  • Exercise 6 days a week.
  • Run city to surf in September
  • Run a marathon
  • Save, Save, Save and be frugal.

I am trying to save as we are saving for a wedding in just over a year ( part of the slimming time frame to) and also for a house deposit. I think we can get there by living wisely, frugally and saying 'no' to some invites which come our way. By saying no to some social occasions hopefully I can also stick to the diet more successfully.

A little history my weight has fluctuated since I was about 18. In my late teens I had chronic fatigue syndrome which I am fully recovered from but has left me with a slightly dodgy digestive system. Last year after a whole lot of stomach infections and antibiotics I was diagnosed as allergic to FODMAPS...

I also have a passion for healthy living and whole food so will be trying to incorporate this into the plan as best I can. Bodytrim has worked for me, so far I have lost around 5kgs through a combination of bodytrim and working out with a personal trainer so now I have another 25kgs to go.

I have long pondered over my plan of attack and I work really well with short term and long term goals. Long term goals are detailed above. In a few days I head home to England for 3 weeks and I know that it would be so easy for the diet to go out of the window as I will not be able to stick to the plan completed. So, I have devised a series of goals and rules to modify the diet for me for just that period in the hope that I maintain or maybe lose a bonus kilo or two.

  • Each day run or walk 5km
  • 30 mins toning exercises 3 x a week ( I dont want to lose the good work I have done to date)
  • No unhealthy junk food, or limit to 2 treat items per week
  • I will omit the carb portion with breakfast to allow some lee-way with the other meals
  • Carry a handbag with low carb high protein convenience food ( such as bars)
  • Spread the free day over 2 meals; so twice a week i can have a treat e.g. cake or mince pies.
  • Give up diet coke
I feel like if i can stick to these goals I will be doing well and if i try that is a great start. To give myself a head start I am going to try and do protein only for the next 3 days until I arrive as it destroys any cravings. Although, I do have 2 meals out in that period so will just do my best.

In January I am pimping the program....I have read about acid/alkaline balance, detox, raw foods and taking FODMAPS into account and the plan is...
  • Again, work out 6 days a week with 3 strength training sessions
  • AM- hot lemon water, body brush, exercise
  • NO DIET COKE
  • NO SWEETNERS
  • bodytrim compliant food which falls under the following rules above.
I will be testing lots of recipes etc and blogging about that as well as weighing in (eek). Other mini goals are by May I need to be running 5-10km 3 times per week to be able to start the training program for city to surf which I have downloaded. Personal Training is too expensive for a frugal plan so I have purchased bootcamp sessions through a group buying website for next year and I have signed up to the local gym which is a bargain.

If you wanna join me come along for the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment